I don’t know about all of you, but when the weather starts to get warmer, I like to eat lighter food with super fresh flavors. This week I whipped up a dish with some of the things I had left over in my fridge that needed to be used. The result? Avo-racha Chicken Salad. Once I tasted it, I thought it was good enough to share. It’s a super easy, quick, one dish meal that’s perfect to take to work or on a picnic.
(Makes enough for 1 hungry person or two moderately hungry people…)
What You Need:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 of a red or white onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp of chopped, fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 Tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of Sriracha (this is a suggestion, do as you please)
- 1 cold, grilled chicken breast, cubed. (I don’t have a grill so I bought my grilled chicken breast at Whole Foods. A cold baked chicken breast would surely be fine too.)
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
What You Do:
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Eat the contents of the bowl.
If you feel so incline, this would be great on top of a piece of crust bread or even in a wrap. Let me know what you think and happy eating!