Thursday I’m heading to San Francisco to visit my good friends and escape the Florida heat. It’s a short trip but a long distance which means that a strategically packed carry-on bag is a must. Here’s what I’ll be bringing on my flight:
- At least two books. I’m choosing between The Catcher in the Rye, Capote’s Breakfast at Tiffany’s and the Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up.
- A neck pillow- I found this one but it might be a bit too ridiculous.)
- A blanket- I bought a small fleece children’s blanket from Brookstone a few years ago and now I don’t get on a flight without it. It’s the perfect size.
- Cozy Socks- I don’t know about you, but my toes always freeze mid-flight.
- This is basically like a shower in a can. You’ll look and feel refreshed and no one will ever know that you spent five hours in a middle seat crammed between two men three times your size.
- SNACKS- Enough said.
- Headphones- I have the utmost sympathy for the baby experiencing airplane ear aches but four hours of crying is both heartbreaking and head splitting.
Those are my essentials that I always always bring. I recently stumbled across these and I’m dying to try one. I have a feeling they make excellent stocking stuffers too (for those of you that plan ahead). What are your travel necessities?